17 March 2020 (by schooladmin)
Please see attached letter containing news of the new website app, how to download it and details of our new Facebook page.
Tuesday 17th March 2020
In preparation for any potential school closure we have created a Facebook account to aid our communication with families. Additionally, we are launching our own School App linked directly to our website. All details are provided below.
How to keep in touch
The main Moorside Community Primary School Facebook page will be used as a communication tool for parents and can be accessed via https://www.facebook.com/Moorsidecommunityprimary/.
Please download our School Jotter app to ensure that you are regularly updated with essential information.
We have also provided you with a list of educational websites and suggested offline activities that you may find useful to aid home learning during any period of closure. Please see the Home Learning Link tab on the school jotter app or the school website for online activities.
- How many different words can you make from the letters in this sentence, below? Grab a pencil and paper and write a list!‘Learning from home is fun’
- Get building! You could build a Lego model, a tower of playing cards or something else!
- Can you create your own secret code? You could use letters, numbers, pictures or something else! Can you get someone else to try and crack it?
- Start a nature diary. Look out of the window each day and keep note
of what you see. Birds, flowers, changes in the weather, what else?
- Build a reading den. Find somewhere cosy, snuggle up and read your favourite book!
- Use an old sock to create a puppet. Can you put on a puppet show for someone?
- Make a list of all the electrical items in each room of your home. Can you come up with any ideas to use less electricity?
- Design and make a homemade board game and play it with your family.
- Can you create a story bag? Find a bag and collect items to go in it that relate to a well known story. If you can’t find an item, you could draw a picture to include.
- Can you invent something new? Perhaps a gadget or something to help people? Draw a picture or write a description.
Miss. D. Worthington